Jamia Millia demands more security for its students
New Delhi: In the wake of alleged
molestation of one of its students, Jamia Millia Islamia
authorities on Monday sought urgent steps from police to avert any
such incident in future.
Vice Chancellor Najeeb Jung met students from the AJK
Centre for Mass Communications and enquired about the student, who was allegedly molested by some boys on Thursday last in
the premises of Chandrashekhar Government Boys High School in
south-east Delhi`s New Friends Colony.
The girl had gone inside the school premises to lodge
a complaint with the school authorities about some students
teasing her while she was passing through the area.
Jung took a grave view of the situation and the threat
to safety of female students of the university, the varsity
The University will file a criminal complaint against
the boys involved in the offence.
The Vice Chancellor will also take up the matter with
the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and demand action against
the Headmaster of the school where the incident happened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday