Jamia Millia demands more security for its students
New Delhi: In the wake of alleged
molestation of one of its students, Jamia Millia Islamia
authorities on Monday sought urgent steps from police to avert any
such incident in future.
Vice Chancellor Najeeb Jung met students from the AJK
Centre for Mass Communications and enquired about the student, who was allegedly molested by some boys on Thursday last in
the premises of Chandrashekhar Government Boys High School in
south-east Delhi`s New Friends Colony.
The girl had gone inside the school premises to lodge
a complaint with the school authorities about some students
teasing her while she was passing through the area.
Jung took a grave view of the situation and the threat
to safety of female students of the university, the varsity
The University will file a criminal complaint against
the boys involved in the offence.
The Vice Chancellor will also take up the matter with
the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and demand action against
the Headmaster of the school where the incident happened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch