Jamia students held for gang-raping 16-yr-old girl
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested four men, including three Jamia Milia Islamia law students, for allegedly gang-raping a teenage Nepalese girl.
The 16-year-old girl, a Class 11 student, was gang-raped for nearly two months in South Delhi’s Bharat Nagar area. The victim had moved in with the four accused in September, after previously sharing an apartment with a female friend, Hindustan Times reported.
All four have been charged with kidnapping, police said.
“The day she moved into their apartment, they raped her and threatened to kill her. She tried to escape, but they locked her up,” the daily reported a police officer as saying.
The victim is reported to have told the police that not just the four accused but also their friends had raped her.
The girl, who was confined in the Bharat Nagar house, managed to escape last week and informed the police. A medical examination confirmed sexual assault on the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming