Jamia students held for gang-raping 16-yr-old girl
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested four men, including three Jamia Milia Islamia law students, for allegedly gang-raping a teenage Nepalese girl.
The 16-year-old girl, a Class 11 student, was gang-raped for nearly two months in South Delhi’s Bharat Nagar area. The victim had moved in with the four accused in September, after previously sharing an apartment with a female friend, Hindustan Times reported.
All four have been charged with kidnapping, police said.
“The day she moved into their apartment, they raped her and threatened to kill her. She tried to escape, but they locked her up,” the daily reported a police officer as saying.
The victim is reported to have told the police that not just the four accused but also their friends had raped her.
The girl, who was confined in the Bharat Nagar house, managed to escape last week and informed the police. A medical examination confirmed sexual assault on the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31