Jamia students held for gang-raping 16-yr-old girl
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested four men, including three Jamia Milia Islamia law students, for allegedly gang-raping a teenage Nepalese girl.
The 16-year-old girl, a Class 11 student, was gang-raped for nearly two months in South Delhi’s Bharat Nagar area. The victim had moved in with the four accused in September, after previously sharing an apartment with a female friend, Hindustan Times reported.
All four have been charged with kidnapping, police said.
“The day she moved into their apartment, they raped her and threatened to kill her. She tried to escape, but they locked her up,” the daily reported a police officer as saying.
The victim is reported to have told the police that not just the four accused but also their friends had raped her.
The girl, who was confined in the Bharat Nagar house, managed to escape last week and informed the police. A medical examination confirmed sexual assault on the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?