Jamia students held for gang-raping 16-yr-old girl
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested four men, including three Jamia Milia Islamia law students, for allegedly gang-raping a teenage Nepalese girl.
The 16-year-old girl, a Class 11 student, was gang-raped for nearly two months in South Delhi’s Bharat Nagar area. The victim had moved in with the four accused in September, after previously sharing an apartment with a female friend, Hindustan Times reported.
All four have been charged with kidnapping, police said.
“The day she moved into their apartment, they raped her and threatened to kill her. She tried to escape, but they locked her up,” the daily reported a police officer as saying.
The victim is reported to have told the police that not just the four accused but also their friends had raped her.
The girl, who was confined in the Bharat Nagar house, managed to escape last week and informed the police. A medical examination confirmed sexual assault on the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick