Jamia to introduce OMR application forms
New Delhi: Jamia Millia Islamia University here will introduce OMR application forms for its engineering and MBA courses to deal with an increasing number of applications. These forms are processed on computers and hence are faster.
"Keeping in view the increasing number of applications for admissions to various courses on offer at Jamia Millia Islamia, the university has introduced OMR application forms in few of its courses starting 2011," an official from the university said.
OMR, or Optical Mark Recognition, also called Optical Mark Reading, is the process of capturing human-marked data from documents through computers, providing a fast and accurate way of collecting data.
"Last year, the university received approximately 30,000 application forms for 350 seats on offer in the B.Tech. programme," the official said.
The forms will be introduced for M.Tech., M.Sc. Electronics, MBA (Evening), B.Tech., B.E. (Evening), Diploma Engineering and Diploma Engineering (Evening) courses, according to the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus