Jamia to introduce OMR application forms
New Delhi: Jamia Millia Islamia University here will introduce OMR application forms for its engineering and MBA courses to deal with an increasing number of applications. These forms are processed on computers and hence are faster.
"Keeping in view the increasing number of applications for admissions to various courses on offer at Jamia Millia Islamia, the university has introduced OMR application forms in few of its courses starting 2011," an official from the university said.
OMR, or Optical Mark Recognition, also called Optical Mark Reading, is the process of capturing human-marked data from documents through computers, providing a fast and accurate way of collecting data.
"Last year, the university received approximately 30,000 application forms for 350 seats on offer in the B.Tech. programme," the official said.
The forms will be introduced for M.Tech., M.Sc. Electronics, MBA (Evening), B.Tech., B.E. (Evening), Diploma Engineering and Diploma Engineering (Evening) courses, according to the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation