Jamia to introduce OMR application forms
New Delhi: Jamia Millia Islamia University here will introduce OMR application forms for its engineering and MBA courses to deal with an increasing number of applications. These forms are processed on computers and hence are faster.
"Keeping in view the increasing number of applications for admissions to various courses on offer at Jamia Millia Islamia, the university has introduced OMR application forms in few of its courses starting 2011," an official from the university said.
OMR, or Optical Mark Recognition, also called Optical Mark Reading, is the process of capturing human-marked data from documents through computers, providing a fast and accurate way of collecting data.
"Last year, the university received approximately 30,000 application forms for 350 seats on offer in the B.Tech. programme," the official said.
The forms will be introduced for M.Tech., M.Sc. Electronics, MBA (Evening), B.Tech., B.E. (Evening), Diploma Engineering and Diploma Engineering (Evening) courses, according to the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today
- There was no intention to show disrespect to Stalin or DMK, clarifies Jayalalithaa