Jamia to introduce OMR application forms
New Delhi: Jamia Millia Islamia University here will introduce OMR application forms for its engineering and MBA courses to deal with an increasing number of applications. These forms are processed on computers and hence are faster.
"Keeping in view the increasing number of applications for admissions to various courses on offer at Jamia Millia Islamia, the university has introduced OMR application forms in few of its courses starting 2011," an official from the university said.
OMR, or Optical Mark Recognition, also called Optical Mark Reading, is the process of capturing human-marked data from documents through computers, providing a fast and accurate way of collecting data.
"Last year, the university received approximately 30,000 application forms for 350 seats on offer in the B.Tech. programme," the official said.
The forms will be introduced for M.Tech., M.Sc. Electronics, MBA (Evening), B.Tech., B.E. (Evening), Diploma Engineering and Diploma Engineering (Evening) courses, according to the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof