Jan Lokpal Bill likely to be passed in next Cabinet session: Sisodia
New Delhi: Delhi Education and Urban Development Minister Manish on Tuesday said that the state government is likely to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill on Friday in their next cabinet meeting.
"We had discussions on Lokpal as well. But we haven`t received the formatted draft from the Law department. If we receive the draft by Friday, we will pass it in the Cabinet meeting on Friday," he told media after the Cabinet meeting here today.
"We also had discussions on how to use home guards, civil defense personnel for the Women`s Safety Committee, which will be set up. The Cabinet has approved a CAG audit on Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS), a transport and infrastructure development company. This is an important decision," he added.
Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has completed one month in office today. He was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Delhi on December 28 at the Ramlila Maidan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites