Jan Lokpal Bill likely to be passed in next Cabinet session: Sisodia
New Delhi: Delhi Education and Urban Development Minister Manish on Tuesday said that the state government is likely to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill on Friday in their next cabinet meeting.
"We had discussions on Lokpal as well. But we haven`t received the formatted draft from the Law department. If we receive the draft by Friday, we will pass it in the Cabinet meeting on Friday," he told media after the Cabinet meeting here today.
"We also had discussions on how to use home guards, civil defense personnel for the Women`s Safety Committee, which will be set up. The Cabinet has approved a CAG audit on Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS), a transport and infrastructure development company. This is an important decision," he added.
Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has completed one month in office today. He was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Delhi on December 28 at the Ramlila Maidan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days