Janata Dal (U) slams Centre, demands fresh polls
New Delhi: Janata Dal (United) on Friday alleged the Central government has failed to handle the deteriorating economic condition of the country, and demanded fresh polls.
"Prime Minister has left the country at the mercy of god. He is saying if monsoon will be good then we will overcome (economic situation)," JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav said outside Parliament after PM`s statement in the Lok Sabha.
Taking a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Yadav said, "He has not owned up anything and shifted blame on others. He was in such a hurry that he gave the speech and left the House immediately."
The JD(U) leader said, "Situation is not going to improve because of the government. So if the government is not able to control the situation then let the people of the country decide on it."
Asked whether there should be elections, he answered in affirmative. "One should go to the people and people have no alternative except elections."
Venting his ire on government for "not taking any action" against controversial godman Asaram Bapu who is facing rape charges, Yadav said, "I was given chance twice to speak on Asaram as I had given notice to the Speaker for it. But nobody could hear anything due to the noise in the House."
Supporters of Asaram Bapu had gone to Yadav`s residence yesterday demanding withdrawal of JD(U) leader`s statement on him in the House.
"For the last two weeks, this man is travelling the entire country and giving lectures. He is making mockery of the system and Rajasthan government is also with him. His son is saying the victim was mentally challenged," Yadav said.
Condemning government`s attitude on the Asaram issue Yadav said, "we will continue to raise voice against him seeking strong action."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir