Japanese national robbed in capital
Noida: A Japanese businessman was allegedly robbed off by a youth, who first befriended him when he got down at the Delhi airport, and then fled with his cash after giving him beverage mixed with sedative.
MA Bhavsu, who had come to India two days ago, said when he gained consciousness, he found himself at Noida Sector-18 near Poorvanchal construction, police said.
He then came back to Delhi and contacted the Japanese Embassy.
In the FIR lodged at the Sector-20 police station yesterday by the Embassy on his behalf, it is alleged that Rs 15,000 INR and some Japanese currency was robbed off by the youth.
Police said the case would be transferred to Delhi as the incident took place there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16