JC of Abhishek Verma, wife extended till Nov 30
New Delhi: The judicial custody of businessman Abhishek Verma and his wife in various criminal and corruption cases, lodged against them by different agencies, was extended till November 30 by various courts.
The judicial custody of Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neascu was extended till November 30 by Special CBI Judge Sanjeev Jain in two separate cases of corruption and forgery, registered by the CBI against them.
They were later produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Sudesh Kumar in a money laundering case lodged against them by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). In this case too, their judicial custody was extended till November 30.
Before their production before two judges in the Patiala House court complex, the couple was produced before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash at Tis Hazari.
CMM Prakash extended their judicial custody till November 30 in a case registered against them by the CBI under the Official Secrets Act.
Verma, who is also an accused in the Naval war room leak case, and his wife Anca were arrested first in a corruption and forgery case, registered by CBI, for allegedly receiving USD 5,30,000 from Swiss firm Rheinmetall Air Defence AG for using their purported influence with the government here to stall the firm`s blacklisting.
The ED later had registered a money laundering case against them for allegedly receiving the money from the Swiss arms-dealing firm and had effected their arrest in courtroom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday