JC of Abhishek Verma, wife extended till Nov 30
New Delhi: The judicial custody of businessman Abhishek Verma and his wife in various criminal and corruption cases, lodged against them by different agencies, was extended till November 30 by various courts.
The judicial custody of Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neascu was extended till November 30 by Special CBI Judge Sanjeev Jain in two separate cases of corruption and forgery, registered by the CBI against them.
They were later produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Sudesh Kumar in a money laundering case lodged against them by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). In this case too, their judicial custody was extended till November 30.
Before their production before two judges in the Patiala House court complex, the couple was produced before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash at Tis Hazari.
CMM Prakash extended their judicial custody till November 30 in a case registered against them by the CBI under the Official Secrets Act.
Verma, who is also an accused in the Naval war room leak case, and his wife Anca were arrested first in a corruption and forgery case, registered by CBI, for allegedly receiving USD 5,30,000 from Swiss firm Rheinmetall Air Defence AG for using their purported influence with the government here to stall the firm`s blacklisting.
The ED later had registered a money laundering case against them for allegedly receiving the money from the Swiss arms-dealing firm and had effected their arrest in courtroom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day