JD-U accepts resignation of Kushwaha from Gen Secy post
New Delhi: JD-U President Sharad Yadav on Saturday
accepted the resignation of senior leader Upendra Kushwaha
from the post of the party general secretary.
Kushawa, a Rajya Sabha MP, had resigned from his party
post in September last year protesting the alleged neglect of
dedicated workers in ticket distribution for Bihar assembly
election, which latter saw the JD-U BJP combine returning to
power in the state with a resounding mandate.
Sources said the party leadership was not quite inclined
to accept the resignation of Kushwaha, who is an influential
leader of the Koiri caste from the OBC community in Bihar.
But as the leader refused to take back his resignation,
the decision was taken.
Now the the party`s disciplinary committee will look into
the conduct and utterances of the leader during the assembly
elections and examine whether Kushwaha engaged in anti-party
Kushwaha had a history of sharing a hot and cold
relationship with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his
induction into the party was strongly opposed by former JD-U
leader Rajiv Ranjan Singh alias Lalan Singh, who had finally
parted ways from the party before the assembly elections.
While submitting his resignation to the party President,
Kushwaha had maintained that he would not quit the party,
sources said. He became a Rajya Sabha member in June last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi