JD(U) councillor to support BJP in S Delhi Corpn
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi civic body, on Saturday said it will support BJP from outside in South Delhi Corporation.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP, which has 44 councillors of its own in South Delhi civic area, has already reached the majority mark in the 104-ward Corporation securing the support of one each councillor of NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj