JD(U) councillor to support BJP in S Delhi Corpn
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi civic body, on Saturday said it will support BJP from outside in South Delhi Corporation.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP, which has 44 councillors of its own in South Delhi civic area, has already reached the majority mark in the 104-ward Corporation securing the support of one each councillor of NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway