JD(U) councillor to support BJP in S Delhi Corpn
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi civic body, on Saturday said it will support BJP from outside in South Delhi Corporation.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP, which has 44 councillors of its own in South Delhi civic area, has already reached the majority mark in the 104-ward Corporation securing the support of one each councillor of NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?