JD(U) councillor to support BJP in S Delhi Corpn
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi civic body, on Saturday said it will support BJP from outside in South Delhi Corporation.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP, which has 44 councillors of its own in South Delhi civic area, has already reached the majority mark in the 104-ward Corporation securing the support of one each councillor of NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai