JD(U) councillor to support BJP in South Delhi Corporation
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi through a victory in a municipal ward, will support BJP from the outside in South Delhi Corporation where the saffron party is in need of nine seats for majority.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes. Prakash polled 11,558 votes.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from the outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP has already mustered support from one councillor each from NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents to reach the half way mark of 53 in a house of 104 members. BJP alone has 44 councillors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!