JD(U) councillor to support BJP in South Delhi Corporation
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi through a victory in a municipal ward, will support BJP from the outside in South Delhi Corporation where the saffron party is in need of nine seats for majority.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes. Prakash polled 11,558 votes.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from the outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP has already mustered support from one councillor each from NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents to reach the half way mark of 53 in a house of 104 members. BJP alone has 44 councillors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30