JD(U) councillor to support BJP in South Delhi Corporation
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi through a victory in a municipal ward, will support BJP from the outside in South Delhi Corporation where the saffron party is in need of nine seats for majority.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes. Prakash polled 11,558 votes.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from the outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP has already mustered support from one councillor each from NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents to reach the half way mark of 53 in a house of 104 members. BJP alone has 44 councillors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit