JD(U) councillor to support BJP in South Delhi Corporation
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi through a victory in a municipal ward, will support BJP from the outside in South Delhi Corporation where the saffron party is in need of nine seats for majority.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes. Prakash polled 11,558 votes.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from the outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP has already mustered support from one councillor each from NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents to reach the half way mark of 53 in a house of 104 members. BJP alone has 44 councillors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma