JD(U) councillor to support BJP in South Delhi Corporation
New Delhi: JD(U), which opened its electoral account in Delhi through a victory in a municipal ward, will support BJP from the outside in South Delhi Corporation where the saffron party is in need of nine seats for majority.
JD(U)`s lone councillor Chandra Prakash won the Govindpuri ward defeating Congress` Rakesh Chander Issar by a margin of 6,719 votes. Prakash polled 11,558 votes.
"JD(U) has decided to provide unconditional support from the outside to BJP in the South Delhi Corporation," Praveen Pradhan, JD(U) Delhi Vice President, said.
BJP has already mustered support from one councillor each from NCP, RLD and INLD and six independents to reach the half way mark of 53 in a house of 104 members. BJP alone has 44 councillors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt