JDU starts political campaign for MCD polls
New Delhi: Janta Dal (U) (Kisan Sabha) On Monday started its political campaign by attacking the ruling parties for negligence in view of the scheduled MCD elections.
JD-U (Kisan Sabha) spokesperson in Delhi Uma Shankar Tiwari told reporters that price rise, corruption, poor electricity & other local problems will the main issues during the local body elections.
Tiwari also blamed the ruling Congress government for negligence and not doing enough to alleviate the woes of the common people.
Making an appeal for people’s support to JDU candidates in MCD election, Tiwari said that BJP has also done nothing to solve the problems of the common people.
The JDU spokesperson claimed that his party enjoys good supports from the people at the grassroot levels like rickshaw puller, vegetable vendors & labourers.
He also assured that the JDU candidates will work for good governance as the party believes in fighting corruption & follows the footprint of Bihar’s Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Among prominent JD-U candidates are Ramesh Awana, who is contesting from Ward No 202 Meethapur, Urmila Devi from Ward No 204 Molarband, Chandra Prakash from Ward no 195 Govind Puri, and Balram Chaudhary from Karawal Nagar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know