Jessica’s killer walks out of Tihar on parole
New Delhi: Model Jessica Lall`s killer Manu Sharma, given parole to attend his brother`s marriage, walked out of the Tihar Jail on Monday morning, reports said.
He was granted five-day parole – Nov 21-25 – by the Delhi High Court last week. However, he was specifically warned by the Court against committing any offence during his period of freedom.
Manu Sharma is the son of Haryana Congress leader Venod Sharma. The court stipulated that during the period of parole he would not leave Ambala, Karnal and Chandigarh where the key marriage ceremonies are to be held.
"He (Sharma) will maintain peace and good behaviour and comply with the terms and conditions of the parole," the court added.
The court imposed the stipulations in the light of the fact that during his earlier release on parole he had been found visiting discotheques and was involved in a brawl.
Directing Sharma not to visit discotheques and night clubs during his release, the court had asked him to furnish his itinerary to Tihar Jail superintendent before his release.
Sharma is serving life term for shooting dead Jessica in a South Delhi restaurant owned by socialite Bina Ramani on April 29-30, 1999 night for her refusal to serve him a drink minutes before the restaurant was to be closed for the day.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi