Jessica’s killer walks out of Tihar on parole
New Delhi: Model Jessica Lall`s killer Manu Sharma, given parole to attend his brother`s marriage, walked out of the Tihar Jail on Monday morning, reports said.
He was granted five-day parole – Nov 21-25 – by the Delhi High Court last week. However, he was specifically warned by the Court against committing any offence during his period of freedom.
Manu Sharma is the son of Haryana Congress leader Venod Sharma. The court stipulated that during the period of parole he would not leave Ambala, Karnal and Chandigarh where the key marriage ceremonies are to be held.
"He (Sharma) will maintain peace and good behaviour and comply with the terms and conditions of the parole," the court added.
The court imposed the stipulations in the light of the fact that during his earlier release on parole he had been found visiting discotheques and was involved in a brawl.
Directing Sharma not to visit discotheques and night clubs during his release, the court had asked him to furnish his itinerary to Tihar Jail superintendent before his release.
Sharma is serving life term for shooting dead Jessica in a South Delhi restaurant owned by socialite Bina Ramani on April 29-30, 1999 night for her refusal to serve him a drink minutes before the restaurant was to be closed for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India