Jewellery, Rs 3.3 lakh in cash looted in Delhi
New Delhi: Three people barged into a house of a businesswoman here and looted cash and jewellery worth lakhs of rupees after holding her family members hostage at gun-point, police said on Thursday.
The three unidentified men targeted the house of Musharraf Jahan, 55, in Dilshad Colony in east Delhi Wednesday around 6.30 pm and robbed Rs 3.30 lakh in cash besides jewellery worth lakhs of rupees.
"At the time of the incident, Jahan had gone to drop her 17-year-old daughter at a coaching institute. She had left the house around 6 pm and returned around 6.30 pm," a police official said.
On returning home, the businesswoman found her mother and six-year-old son lying in a bathroom with their hands and legs tied with ropes, and the house ransacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999