Jewellery, Rs 3.3 lakh in cash looted in Delhi
New Delhi: Three people barged into a house of a businesswoman here and looted cash and jewellery worth lakhs of rupees after holding her family members hostage at gun-point, police said on Thursday.
The three unidentified men targeted the house of Musharraf Jahan, 55, in Dilshad Colony in east Delhi Wednesday around 6.30 pm and robbed Rs 3.30 lakh in cash besides jewellery worth lakhs of rupees.
"At the time of the incident, Jahan had gone to drop her 17-year-old daughter at a coaching institute. She had left the house around 6 pm and returned around 6.30 pm," a police official said.
On returning home, the businesswoman found her mother and six-year-old son lying in a bathroom with their hands and legs tied with ropes, and the house ransacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan