Jewellery shop robbery: one held, loot recovered
Sitapur: One person was arrested and jewellery worth Rs 35 lakh, looted from a shop in Rohini in New Delhi, was recovered from his possession, police said on Friday.
Based on a tip off, Rajkumar Singh of Maholi was arrested in Hargaon area last evening with 1.5 kg gold jewellery worth around Rs 35 lakh, they said.
The jewellery worth about Rs 37 lakh was looted from North Rohini`s Malhotra jewellers on May 15.
Police said that Rajkumar is the brother of main accused in the robbery - Rajeet, who was already arrested by Delhi police.
A pistol has been recovered from him, they said, adding that the accused has been handed over to Delhi police on transit remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday