Jewellery shop robbery: one held, loot recovered
Sitapur: One person was arrested and jewellery worth Rs 35 lakh, looted from a shop in Rohini in New Delhi, was recovered from his possession, police said on Friday.
Based on a tip off, Rajkumar Singh of Maholi was arrested in Hargaon area last evening with 1.5 kg gold jewellery worth around Rs 35 lakh, they said.
The jewellery worth about Rs 37 lakh was looted from North Rohini`s Malhotra jewellers on May 15.
Police said that Rajkumar is the brother of main accused in the robbery - Rajeet, who was already arrested by Delhi police.
A pistol has been recovered from him, they said, adding that the accused has been handed over to Delhi police on transit remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors