Jewellery shop robbery: one held, loot recovered
Sitapur: One person was arrested and jewellery worth Rs 35 lakh, looted from a shop in Rohini in New Delhi, was recovered from his possession, police said on Friday.
Based on a tip off, Rajkumar Singh of Maholi was arrested in Hargaon area last evening with 1.5 kg gold jewellery worth around Rs 35 lakh, they said.
The jewellery worth about Rs 37 lakh was looted from North Rohini`s Malhotra jewellers on May 15.
Police said that Rajkumar is the brother of main accused in the robbery - Rajeet, who was already arrested by Delhi police.
A pistol has been recovered from him, they said, adding that the accused has been handed over to Delhi police on transit remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report