Jewellery shop robbery: one held, loot recovered
Sitapur: One person was arrested and jewellery worth Rs 35 lakh, looted from a shop in Rohini in New Delhi, was recovered from his possession, police said on Friday.
Based on a tip off, Rajkumar Singh of Maholi was arrested in Hargaon area last evening with 1.5 kg gold jewellery worth around Rs 35 lakh, they said.
The jewellery worth about Rs 37 lakh was looted from North Rohini`s Malhotra jewellers on May 15.
Police said that Rajkumar is the brother of main accused in the robbery - Rajeet, who was already arrested by Delhi police.
A pistol has been recovered from him, they said, adding that the accused has been handed over to Delhi police on transit remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees