Jewellery shop robbery: one held, loot recovered
Sitapur: One person was arrested and jewellery worth Rs 35 lakh, looted from a shop in Rohini in New Delhi, was recovered from his possession, police said on Friday.
Based on a tip off, Rajkumar Singh of Maholi was arrested in Hargaon area last evening with 1.5 kg gold jewellery worth around Rs 35 lakh, they said.
The jewellery worth about Rs 37 lakh was looted from North Rohini`s Malhotra jewellers on May 15.
Police said that Rajkumar is the brother of main accused in the robbery - Rajeet, who was already arrested by Delhi police.
A pistol has been recovered from him, they said, adding that the accused has been handed over to Delhi police on transit remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!