Jilted lover goes on shooting spree in Delhi; kills 5, self
New Delhi: An enraged youth went on a shooting spree on Monday gunning down five persons, including his lover, before killing himself as she was married off to someone else.
25-year-old Ravi first killed his lover Renu, her husband Navin and their landlady Sheila (53) in south-west Delhi`s Bindapur. He then travelled more than 40 km to Ghaziabad to eliminate the girl`s father Harender and sister Baby to avenge his loss.
Ravi, who was continuing his relationship even after Renu`s marriage, was unhappy over her family not allowing him to marry her, a senior police official said.
Navin was killed early morning while Renu and Sheila were shot dead at around 9:10 am in Bindapur. Sheila was killed when she rushed in after hearing the gunshot, which felled Renu.
According to Sheila`s property-dealer son Dinesh, he rushed from his nearby office after hearing the gunshots and saw a man running out of his house with two firearms in his hands. Dinesh claimed that the man threatened to shoot him when he came in his way and then fled in a car.
"At the time of incident, a domestic help was in the house but she became so scared that she could not tell us anything," a senior police official said.
According to doctors, Renu suffered two bullet injuries while Sheila was hit by three bullets.
Ravi then drove to Bhojpur in Uttar Pradesh`s Ghaziabad where Renu`s family stays.
He entered the house and pumped bullets into Harender and Baby killing them on the spot, the official said.
The youth then shot himself dead after being surrounded by villagers.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31