Jilter lover shoots girl`s father, injures mother
New Delhi: A jilted lover allegedly shot a girl`s father and attacked her mother at their residence in Jyoti Nagar area in North East Delhi Sunday morning, police said.
22-year-old Pushpendra entered the girl`s house and fired a shot at 55-year-old Yogesh Jain at around 8:30 AM.
He also attacked the girl`s 50-year-old mother, Poonam, with a stick, leading her to sustain head injuries, they said.
According to police, the accused was angry with the girl for refusing to marry him, whom he had know since his school days. He is absconding after committing the crime, they said.
Injured Jain and his wife were admitted to GTB Hospital, where their condition is said to be stable.
"The accused and the girl used to study together, but she later girl broke up with him and started avoiding him. Following this, Pushpendra started to harass the girl as he wanted to marry her," a police officer said.
As Pushpendra, a resident of Shahdra, had been constantly harassing their daughter, the family shifted to Jyoti Nagar last evening, the victims claimed.
But he attacked them this morning, police said, adding that there was no earlier complaint regarding harassment with the police.
Further investigation was on and efforts were being made to nab the culprit, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars