JNU prof to be honoured for promoting India-Japan ties
New Delhi: Lalima Varma, Professor of Japanese Studies at Jawharlal Nehru University here will be conferred Japan Foreign Minister`s commendation tomorrow for promoting mutual understanding between the two countries.
Japan`s Minister of Foreign Affairs Fumio Kishida will felicitate Varma at a function at the Japanese Embassy here, a statement from the Embassy said.
Varma has studied and researched for more than 30 years on India-Japan relations, Japanese diplomacy, history, social affairs and problems, it said.
The Foreign Minister`s Commendations are awarded to individuals and groups for outstanding achievements in international fields to acknowledge their contributions in promoting friendship between Japan and other countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok