JNU prof to be honoured for promoting India-Japan ties
New Delhi: Lalima Varma, Professor of Japanese Studies at Jawharlal Nehru University here will be conferred Japan Foreign Minister`s commendation tomorrow for promoting mutual understanding between the two countries.
Japan`s Minister of Foreign Affairs Fumio Kishida will felicitate Varma at a function at the Japanese Embassy here, a statement from the Embassy said.
Varma has studied and researched for more than 30 years on India-Japan relations, Japanese diplomacy, history, social affairs and problems, it said.
The Foreign Minister`s Commendations are awarded to individuals and groups for outstanding achievements in international fields to acknowledge their contributions in promoting friendship between Japan and other countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!