JNU professor suspended over allegations of sexual harassment
New Delhi: A professor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has been suspended on charges of sexually harassing a student.
KR Nayar, a senior faculty member of Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health (CSMCH), has been suspended following allegations of sexual harassment made against him, JNU Public Relations Officer Poonam Kudaisya said today.
The order of suspension was issued on Friday and will remain in effect till further orders, she said.
The decision on any further action against Nayar will be taken by the executive council of the varsity, official sources said.
Nayar has been on the faculty of CSMCH since 1985. He has been teaching courses on research methodology, social sciences in public health and environmental health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video