JNU professor suspended over allegations of sexual harassment
New Delhi: A professor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has been suspended on charges of sexually harassing a student.
KR Nayar, a senior faculty member of Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health (CSMCH), has been suspended following allegations of sexual harassment made against him, JNU Public Relations Officer Poonam Kudaisya said today.
The order of suspension was issued on Friday and will remain in effect till further orders, she said.
The decision on any further action against Nayar will be taken by the executive council of the varsity, official sources said.
Nayar has been on the faculty of CSMCH since 1985. He has been teaching courses on research methodology, social sciences in public health and environmental health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical