JNU professor suspended over allegations of sexual harassment
New Delhi: A professor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has been suspended on charges of sexually harassing a student.
KR Nayar, a senior faculty member of Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health (CSMCH), has been suspended following allegations of sexual harassment made against him, JNU Public Relations Officer Poonam Kudaisya said today.
The order of suspension was issued on Friday and will remain in effect till further orders, she said.
The decision on any further action against Nayar will be taken by the executive council of the varsity, official sources said.
Nayar has been on the faculty of CSMCH since 1985. He has been teaching courses on research methodology, social sciences in public health and environmental health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption