JNU professor suspended over allegations of sexual harassment
New Delhi: A professor of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has been suspended on charges of sexually harassing a student.
KR Nayar, a senior faculty member of Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health (CSMCH), has been suspended following allegations of sexual harassment made against him, JNU Public Relations Officer Poonam Kudaisya said today.
The order of suspension was issued on Friday and will remain in effect till further orders, she said.
The decision on any further action against Nayar will be taken by the executive council of the varsity, official sources said.
Nayar has been on the faculty of CSMCH since 1985. He has been teaching courses on research methodology, social sciences in public health and environmental health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan