JNU shocker: `All for a hurt ego`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A JNU student, who was on Wednesday attacked by her classmate with an axe, underwent a second surgery on Thursday but remained critical, doctors at the Safdarjung Hospital said.
Roshni, 22, was attacked by 23-year-old Aakash inside a classroom with an axe. The incident left her severely injured while the boy died after consuming poison and slitting his throat.
The incident took place at JNU`s School of Languages at around 11 am which sent shock-waves among the students of the prestigious university.
A four-page letter recovered from Aakash`s hostel room revealed the two were close friends.
"We knew each other for over two years... we had started liking each other," the letter, purportedly written by Aakash, stated.
The letter goes on to say that Roshni`s behaviour changed over time and that Aakash could not tolerate such change. He further accused the girl of betraying her, and wrote, "She hurt my ego."
According to police, Akash – who died a few hours after the attack in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) trauma centre - had an argument with Roshni following which he attacked her with an axe, inflicting serious injuries including on the head.
"Akash and Roshni were students of the School of Language in JNU. The incident took place in room number 213 of the university at around 11. After a heated argument between the two, the boy first hit her multiple times using an axe and then attempted to kill himself by consuming Salphas tablets and slitting his throat," said a senior police officer.
Police also claimed it to be a case of one-sided love.
A knife, a Salphas bottle, the axe used in the crime and a country-made pistol were recovered from the spot by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das