JPC will decide Raja`s request for appearing before it: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on saturday steered clear of the issue of former Telecom minister A Raja`s request to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar for appearing before the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G spectrum as a witness.
"JPC will decide his request. JPC is empowered to accept such kind of requests. It takes its decisions absolutely independently," party spokesman Rashid Alvi said.
He was responding to a media query on Raja`s request to the Lok Sabha Speaker that he be allowed to appear before the JPC to tell his side of story.
Meanwhile, an AIADMK leader, whose party is arch rival of the DMK to which Raja belongs, also steered clear of the issue.
The AIADMK leader, who did not wish to be identified, asked as to why should his party comment when Raja`s action signalled a "fight between Congress and DMK". DMK is partner of the Congress-led UPA government.
Raja`s action comes days after Attorney General G E Vahanvati blamed him for various issues related to the spectrum scam.
The former Telecom minister met Kumar at her office yesterday and handed over a letter expressing his willingness to appear as a witness before the committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow