Judicial custody for driver in Gurgaon hit-and-run case
Gurgaon: The driver of the city bus that mowed down a doctor and his five-year-old daughter was sent to judicial custody Saturday, police said.
Accused Harish Singh was presented before the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Kuwad Guglani Saturday and was sent to 14 days judicial custody, Deputy Commissioner of Police Nazneen Bhasin told.
Singh was Friday re-arrested from Delhi`s Najafgarh area where he was living with his family after police booked him for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, a non-bailable offence.
He was granted bail by the same court within hours of the accident as the sections imposed on him then were bailable.
The 32-year-old Singh is a city bus driver for Haryana Roadways. He hails from Jhajjar district.
"We examined the case and decided to impose a stringent section of the Indian Penal Code," Police Commissioner Alok Mittal told.
A four-member forensic experts` team Friday visited the spot where cardiologist Pankaj Gupta, 45, and his five-year-old daughter Lineshiya were run over by the bus.
Gupta was a resident of Rail Vihar here in Sector 47 and was working at the Medanta The Medicity Hospital here as a cardiologist, while Lineshiya was a nursery class student at the Delhi Public School here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH