Judicial system needs change to deal with rape case
Guna (MP): Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here Tuesday there was a need to change the judicial system to deal with rape and corruption related cases.
The Congress general secretary told reporters here that there was an unwanted delay in settling cases relating to rape or corruption as the accused had the right to appeal twice.
He said that there should be separate courts for dealing with civil as well as criminal cases and the right to appeal should be restricted to only one.
About the Congress defeat for the third successive time in the Gujarat Assembly elections, he said that the party was seriously thinking about its weaknesses in the state.
"As far as Madhya Pradesh is concerned, the party leadership here is quite good," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security