Judicial system needs change to deal with rape case
Guna (MP): Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here Tuesday there was a need to change the judicial system to deal with rape and corruption related cases.
The Congress general secretary told reporters here that there was an unwanted delay in settling cases relating to rape or corruption as the accused had the right to appeal twice.
He said that there should be separate courts for dealing with civil as well as criminal cases and the right to appeal should be restricted to only one.
About the Congress defeat for the third successive time in the Gujarat Assembly elections, he said that the party was seriously thinking about its weaknesses in the state.
"As far as Madhya Pradesh is concerned, the party leadership here is quite good," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Rio Olympics 2016: Australia's Cate Campbell swam with hernia, says report
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail