Justice should be sought within legal framework: Azad
Akola (Maha): Although the Centre is not opposed to the demand for death sentence to the accused in the Delhi gangrape, justice has to be sought within the legal framework, Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said Tuesday.
"The Centre is not against the view that the accused in the Delhi gangrape case should get a severe punishment. It is not opposed to aam aadmi`s demand of death sentence to the accused. However, violence is not the way to seek justice. It has to be sought within the legal framework," Azad said.
He was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a meeting of district Congress at Swaraj Bhavan here.
"26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab was finally hanged. But the hanging came only after a certain legal procedure was followed," he said.
To an another question, the Health Minister said that since the Centre provides funds to the state governments, it is the responsibility of the latter to provide health services to the people, especially those in rural areas.
It is the responsibility of the states to successfully implement the central government schemes, Azad said. The health minister added that there was a shortage of seven lakh qualified doctors in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur