‘Justice Usha Mehra panel may give interim report’
Chandigarh: The Justice Usha Mehra panel, constituted to review responses to the December 16 Delhi gang-rape case and suggest measures to improve safety and security of women in the national capital, wants to give an interim report, Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar said on Friday.
While the panel will also give its full report in a few weeks from now, it wants to give an interim-report.
"The panel wants to give interim report concerning the issue of women`s safety in Delhi and other cities," Kumar told reporters here.
The panel will receive public opinion and suggestions till January 18.
The probe panel has requested the members of public to provide any information about the Delhi gang-rape case.
Kumar said he has urged the Chief Justices of the High Courts to ensure speedy trials of heinous crimes including those against women and murder cases.
Meanwhile, Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice, Justice A K Sikri, who also addressed a conference on `Justice at Doorstep and Legal Aid to the Poor` today issued directions to all the District and Sessions Judges in the states of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, to conduct proceedings in all pending trials involving heinous crimes against women on day-to-day basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH