‘Justice Usha Mehra panel may give interim report’
Chandigarh: The Justice Usha Mehra panel, constituted to review responses to the December 16 Delhi gang-rape case and suggest measures to improve safety and security of women in the national capital, wants to give an interim report, Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar said on Friday.
While the panel will also give its full report in a few weeks from now, it wants to give an interim-report.
"The panel wants to give interim report concerning the issue of women`s safety in Delhi and other cities," Kumar told reporters here.
The panel will receive public opinion and suggestions till January 18.
The probe panel has requested the members of public to provide any information about the Delhi gang-rape case.
Kumar said he has urged the Chief Justices of the High Courts to ensure speedy trials of heinous crimes including those against women and murder cases.
Meanwhile, Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice, Justice A K Sikri, who also addressed a conference on `Justice at Doorstep and Legal Aid to the Poor` today issued directions to all the District and Sessions Judges in the states of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, to conduct proceedings in all pending trials involving heinous crimes against women on day-to-day basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!