Juvenile, his girlfriend held with Rs 25 lakh cash
New Delhi: A juvenile along with his
girlfriend, who is elder to him, was apprehended by Delhi
Police after they ran away from their houses and Rs 25 lakh
was recovered from them which the boy had taken from his home.
The action came on a complaint filed by Narender Singh
of Raghu Nagar in Delhi who said that his 17-year-old daughter
was kidnapped by the juvenile who resides in his
neighbourhood, police said.
The boy had taken Rs 25 lakh along with him and during
investigations it was revealed that the boy was beaten up by
his step brother and father on the allegation of the theft of
Rs 25 lakh.
"During investigation it also came to notice that one
neighbour namely Surender was also missing from his rented
house along with his family and valuables, who was close to
the boy," Anil Kumar Ojha, Deputy Commissioner of Police,
South West District, Delhi, said.
As the boy had run away with a huge amount of cash,
Ojha said, there was a strong apprehension that Surender could
eliminate both the boy and the girl for money.
On examination, the girl claimed that she was a major
and was in love with the boy for the last one year but their
families were against their relationship and were not allowing
them even to meet each other.
"They used to meet at the residence of Surender. Then
they decided to run away from their houses and forced Surender
help and accompany them. Initially Surender refused and
scolded them but they insisted by saying that they are leaving
their houses and he would be the sole person who would be
blamed for this," Ojha said.
Several raids were conducted in Railway colony, Pul
Mithai, Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh and in several other places.
Surender`s father revealed that Surender had married
against their will about eight years ago and since then he had
severed all relations with his son.
And finally, Surender was traced to Yamuna Nagar in
Haryana and police recovered the girl, along with her juvenile
partner and Surender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa