K N Srivastava posted as Secretary Civil Aviation
New Delhi: K N Srivastava, a 1978 batch Karnataka-cadre IAS officer, on Wednesday assumed the charge of Secretary in Civil Aviation Ministry.
He took over from Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi, a 1976 batch Uttar Pradesh-cadre IAS officer, who retired yesterday, an official release said.
Srivastava was earlier working as Special Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of External Affairs.
He was posted as a Joint Secretary in Civil Aviation Ministry from 2006 to 2009. Thereafter, he was shifted to the Ministry of Culture for a brief period before he took over as Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor in External Affairs Ministry. He was promoted as a Special Secretary and Financial Advisor in April.
Soon after taking over the charge, the new Secretary attended a series of meetings with senior officers of the Ministry and reviewed the civil aviation sector in the country, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!