K N Srivastava posted as Secretary Civil Aviation
New Delhi: K N Srivastava, a 1978 batch Karnataka-cadre IAS officer, on Wednesday assumed the charge of Secretary in Civil Aviation Ministry.
He took over from Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi, a 1976 batch Uttar Pradesh-cadre IAS officer, who retired yesterday, an official release said.
Srivastava was earlier working as Special Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Ministry of External Affairs.
He was posted as a Joint Secretary in Civil Aviation Ministry from 2006 to 2009. Thereafter, he was shifted to the Ministry of Culture for a brief period before he took over as Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor in External Affairs Ministry. He was promoted as a Special Secretary and Financial Advisor in April.
Soon after taking over the charge, the new Secretary attended a series of meetings with senior officers of the Ministry and reviewed the civil aviation sector in the country, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested