Kanda followed Geetika to Dubai, police tells court
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, key accused in ex-airhostess Geetika suicide case, had followed her to Dubai where she had received a fake letter about extradition proceedings initiated against her, Delhi Police told a court on Saturday.
Police said when Geetika refused to come back, Kanda got a false case registered against her and allegedly sent a letter to her about extradition proceedings initiated against her.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala, who remanded Kanda to seven days in police custody, was told by the police that they have found that the letter sent to Geetika about the extradition proceedings against her in Dubai was fake as no such proceedings were ever initiated.
Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan told the court the mail sent to Geetika had mentioned that she had taken Rs 5,000 from one Ali Bashir who was purportedly associated with Emirates Airlines in which Geetika had joined as an employee.
He, however, said that after investigation, they have come to know that no such person that is Ali Bashir ever worked with Emirates.
He also said they are looking into the details of Kanda`s travel to Dubai, when Geetika was there, and his meetings with her there.
The prosecutor also said that the letter by which Geetika was appointed as Director in MDLR group was written on a plain paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof