Kanda`s absconding aide to be chargesheeted in a week
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Friday told a court here that it would file a supplementary chargesheet against prime accused and former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda`s aide Chanshivroop Singh in Geetika Sharma suicide case in a week.
Singh, who had expressed his desire to turn approver in the case, is absconding since he was granted bail and the court has dropped the proceeding to make him approver in the case of 23-year-old air hostess` suicide.
Special Public Prosecutor (SPP) Rajiv Mohan apprised District and Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria of the police plan to file the supplementary chargesheet as he faced objection from the defence counsel to beginning his arguments on framing of charges against the two charge-sheeted accused, Kanda and his another aide Aruna Chaddah.
The defence counsel objected to opening of argument on framing of charges saying the police is yet to file the supplementary charge sheet and was yet to submit the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) report in the case.
Following the prosecutor`s submission, the court asked police to file the chargesheet in a week and also the CFSL report before it to ensure that the arguments on framing of charges begins from next date of hearing on January 24.
Kanda and Chaddha stand accused of abetting Geetika`s the suicide. Both of them are presently in judicial custody. Kanda has been denied bail by the Delhi High Court while Chaddah had withdrawn her bail application.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened