Katara case: Report filed on hospital visits of Vishal, Vikas
New Delhi: A board of doctors of an Army hospital today submitted to the Delhi High Court its report on repeated visits of the 2002 Nitish Katara murder case convicts Vikas and Vishal Yadav to various hospitals from Tihar jail.
Referring to the contents of the report, a bench of Justices Gita Mittal and VK Shali said, "The prolonged hospitalisation (of Vishal) is not justified. This aspect of the report, however, needs to be put in a more specific manner."
The court, which kept the report for consideration on July 6, meanwhile, asked the medical board to file another report dealing with Vikas` visits to hospitals.
The court had ordered earlier setting up of the board to examine medical records of Vikas and Vishal to examine as to how many of their visits from Tihar to hospitals were justified.
It had asked the medical superintendent of the Army`s Research and Referral (R and R) Hospital here to constitute a board of doctors and evaluate the medical records of both the convicts.
Taking a serious view over Vishal`s 87 visits to Batra Hospital and shifting of Vikas from `B` class facility to `A` class at AIIMS after their conviction in 2008, the high court had earlier, directed both the hospitals to place before it their medical records.
Referring to the AIIMS medical records, victim`s mother Neelam Katara had also alleged that Vikas was not in his room on October 26, 2011 night which was the day of `Diwali`.
In 2008, a trial court has awarded life imprisonment to Vikas and Vishal and also similar punishment to third accused Sukhdev Pehalwan who had been tried separately as he had absconded during the trial of Yadavs in the case.
Nitish Katara, a business executive, was abducted from a marriage party at Ghaziabad on the intervening night of February 16-17, 2002 and was later killed for his alleged intimacy with Vikas` sister Bharti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands