Katara case: Vikas seeks bail for Bharti`s marriage
New Delhi: Vikas Yadav, undergoing life imprisonment along with cousin Vishal in Nitish Katara murder case, today approached the Delhi High Court for an interim bail citing his sister Bharti`s marriage in November.
Filing a petition, Vikas said Bharti`s marriage was fixed with one Yatin and the reception will be held in Jhankar Banquet hall in M G Road, Delhi, on November 1.
He sought three month`s interim bail to attend the function and perform the customary rite as the bride`s elder brother during the function.
The bail petition was listed before the Bench of Justice B D Ahmed and Justice Veena Birbal but the bench refused to hear the case citing personal reasons.
On May 28 last year, both Vikas and Vishal were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Nitish Katara, an MBA son of an IAS officer, in 2002 as they opposed Katara`s intimacy with Bharti.
Their appeal against the trial court verdict is pending before the High Court.
According to the prosecution, Vikas, 36, son of controversial Uttar Pradesh politician D P Yadav, and his cousin Vishal, 35, had kidnapped Katara on the night of February 16, 2002, from a marriage party in Ghaziabad and killed him as they were against their sister`s affair with Katara and their plan for marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar