Katara case: Vikas seeks bail for Bharti`s marriage
New Delhi: Vikas Yadav, undergoing life imprisonment along with cousin Vishal in Nitish Katara murder case, today approached the Delhi High Court for an interim bail citing his sister Bharti`s marriage in November.
Filing a petition, Vikas said Bharti`s marriage was fixed with one Yatin and the reception will be held in Jhankar Banquet hall in M G Road, Delhi, on November 1.
He sought three month`s interim bail to attend the function and perform the customary rite as the bride`s elder brother during the function.
The bail petition was listed before the Bench of Justice B D Ahmed and Justice Veena Birbal but the bench refused to hear the case citing personal reasons.
On May 28 last year, both Vikas and Vishal were convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Nitish Katara, an MBA son of an IAS officer, in 2002 as they opposed Katara`s intimacy with Bharti.
Their appeal against the trial court verdict is pending before the High Court.
According to the prosecution, Vikas, 36, son of controversial Uttar Pradesh politician D P Yadav, and his cousin Vishal, 35, had kidnapped Katara on the night of February 16, 2002, from a marriage party in Ghaziabad and killed him as they were against their sister`s affair with Katara and their plan for marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in