Katara murder: Complaint against Yadav brothers
New Delhi: A Delhi court is to hear a complaint by the mother of Nitish Katara, who was murdered in 2002 by cousin brothers Vikas and Vishal Yadav for allegedly having an affair with Vikas`s sister Bharti Yadav.
Neelam Katara has claimed in her complaint to the court that the Yadav brothers are being given preferential treatment in the Tihar Jail where they are lodged.
According to media reports, the Yadav brothers have left the jail on 151 occasions in the last four years on medical grounds, prompting the Delhi High Court to ask Tihar Jail authorities to produce their medical records.
Vikas Yadav, who is serving a life term for Nitish Katara`s murder, has reportedly visited hospitals on 87 occasions.
The Delhi Police and Nilam Katara have filed appeals to award the death penalty to both brothers on grounds that their offence fell under the `rarest of rare` category.
Nitish Katara, a business executive, was abducted from a marriage party in Ghaziabad on the intervening night of February 16-17, 2002 and was later killed by the Yadav brothers. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband