Kazmi`s JC extended, police to give him remand paper
New Delhi: A court here on Thursday asked Delhi Police to supply copies of remand papers to journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi, who has been listed as an accused in the charge sheet in the Israeli diplomat car bombing case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash passed the order after Kazmi`s counsel said they have not been supplied with the copies of the remand papers despite having been allowed by the court.
Meanwhile, the court extended Kazmi`s judicial custody till September 6.
Kazmi is the sole person to have been named as accused in the charge sheet filed in the case.
The charge sheet also names Iranian nationals Houshang Afshar Irani, Masod Sedaghatzadeh, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi as suspects in the case.
Kazmi has been charged under various provisions of the anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) including attempt to murder. He has also been named in the charge sheet under the provisions of the Explosive Substances Act.
Diplomat Tal Yehoshua and the driver of the embassy vehicle were among four people injured in the blast.
Kazmi was arrested on March 6 and the police had claimed that on sustained interrogation, he had confessed of having conspired and facilitated the commission of the February 13 attack.
The charge sheet says Kazmi had facilitated Irani in executing the attack.
It said that while Irani, on the one hand, was in touch with Kazmi through mobile phone, on the other hand, he was in contact with Sedaghatzadeh and Mehdi Sadr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof