Kejriwal accuses Delhi Jal Board of corruption
New Delhi: After alleging the Delhi Government and power distributing companies of having nexus behind electricity fare hike, Aam Adami Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday accused the Delhi Jal Board (DJP) of inflating production figures in the Sonia Vihar plant to gain more grants from the government.
Addressing a press conference here at Constitution Club, Kejriwal alleged that the documents obtained by RTI (Right to Information) show that the DJP have inflated the water production figures more than what was actually supplied to the plant.
Kejriwal displayed some documents to the mediapersons and said the DJB has also shown inflated NRW (non-revenue-water or leaked water) figures to award contract to a French company called Degremont, which has been blacklisted by several countries.
“The DJB produced artificial figures NRW (65.7 percent), and the Delhi Government used this figure to award multicrore projects to Degremont to reduce NRW. Another French firm called Veolia is responsible for water collection, treatment and distribution at Nagloi plant. DJB gives Veolia Rs 14.99 per kiloliter of water treated, while the DJB was paid Rs 3 per kiloliter for the same process,” said Kejriwal.
He alleged that the firm gets 90 million gallon per day (MGD) water to purify but interestingly it shows an output of 140 MGD "which is impossible".
“Our water bill has swollen to multi-fold in recent years and it is going to be more expensive in coming days. This is only due to corruption in water distribution system. We demand that the government must cancel the contract with the French firms and withdraw the order which says that water fare will automatically increase every year by 10 percent,” said Kejriwal.
Earlier also, Kejriwal had accused the Delhi Government of having nexus with power distributors in the state and accused Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of increasing electricity fare to benefit these companies, despite Delhi Electricity Board Regulatory Commission (DERC) recommendation to reduce it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah