Kejriwal accuses Delhi Jal Board of corruption
New Delhi: After alleging the Delhi Government and power distributing companies of having nexus behind electricity fare hike, Aam Adami Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday accused the Delhi Jal Board (DJP) of inflating production figures in the Sonia Vihar plant to gain more grants from the government.
Addressing a press conference here at Constitution Club, Kejriwal alleged that the documents obtained by RTI (Right to Information) show that the DJP have inflated the water production figures more than what was actually supplied to the plant.
Kejriwal displayed some documents to the mediapersons and said the DJB has also shown inflated NRW (non-revenue-water or leaked water) figures to award contract to a French company called Degremont, which has been blacklisted by several countries.
“The DJB produced artificial figures NRW (65.7 percent), and the Delhi Government used this figure to award multicrore projects to Degremont to reduce NRW. Another French firm called Veolia is responsible for water collection, treatment and distribution at Nagloi plant. DJB gives Veolia Rs 14.99 per kiloliter of water treated, while the DJB was paid Rs 3 per kiloliter for the same process,” said Kejriwal.
He alleged that the firm gets 90 million gallon per day (MGD) water to purify but interestingly it shows an output of 140 MGD "which is impossible".
“Our water bill has swollen to multi-fold in recent years and it is going to be more expensive in coming days. This is only due to corruption in water distribution system. We demand that the government must cancel the contract with the French firms and withdraw the order which says that water fare will automatically increase every year by 10 percent,” said Kejriwal.
Earlier also, Kejriwal had accused the Delhi Government of having nexus with power distributors in the state and accused Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of increasing electricity fare to benefit these companies, despite Delhi Electricity Board Regulatory Commission (DERC) recommendation to reduce it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli