Kejriwal gets breach of privilege notice
New Delhi: After Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma, RJD MPs Rajniti Prasad and Ram Kripal Yadav have served a privilege notice against Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for calling MPs "rapists, murderers and looters" during an election campaign rally last month.
The Lok Sabha Secretariat has sought reply from Kejriwal following the receipt of the notices. He has been asked to furnish his reply by March 24.
"Received privilege notices from Rajniti Prasad and Ram Kripal Yadav also...Rajniti Prasad is the same MP who tore the Lokpal Bil in Parliament. Did he insult Parliament or did I insult Parliament?" Kejriwal tweeted.
The social activist also said he received a reminder from Parliament that he has to reply by March 24.
This will be the second time Kejriwal has been served a privilege notice in the past seven months. Earlier in September last year, Kejriwal was served a notice for making "derogatory" remarks against Parliamentarians during Hazare`s agitation in Ramlila Maidan.
"In this Parliament, 163 members have cases of heinous offences against them. In this Parliament, rapists are sitting, murderers and looters are sitting. How can you expect Jan Lokpal Bill to be passed by Parliament? How can you expect that you can get reprieve from poverty and corruption," Kejriwal had said on February 25.
After getting the notice from Verma, Kejriwal had tweeted, "can you trust country in the hands of such people, even if they are accused? I am scared, I won`t have the courage to do that. Raja indulges in corruption. When I say he is corrupt, they say I insulted Parliament."
He demanded that fast track courts be set up and clear all pending cases against MPs and MLAs in six months.
"Let them sit in Parliament only after being cleared from courts...I`m asked charges not proved against them yet.
My response charges will never be proved. They will never make speedy criminal justice system," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS