Kejriwal gets breach of privilege notice
New Delhi: After Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma, RJD MPs Rajniti Prasad and Ram Kripal Yadav have served a privilege notice against Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for calling MPs "rapists, murderers and looters" during an election campaign rally last month.
The Lok Sabha Secretariat has sought reply from Kejriwal following the receipt of the notices. He has been asked to furnish his reply by March 24.
"Received privilege notices from Rajniti Prasad and Ram Kripal Yadav also...Rajniti Prasad is the same MP who tore the Lokpal Bil in Parliament. Did he insult Parliament or did I insult Parliament?" Kejriwal tweeted.
The social activist also said he received a reminder from Parliament that he has to reply by March 24.
This will be the second time Kejriwal has been served a privilege notice in the past seven months. Earlier in September last year, Kejriwal was served a notice for making "derogatory" remarks against Parliamentarians during Hazare`s agitation in Ramlila Maidan.
"In this Parliament, 163 members have cases of heinous offences against them. In this Parliament, rapists are sitting, murderers and looters are sitting. How can you expect Jan Lokpal Bill to be passed by Parliament? How can you expect that you can get reprieve from poverty and corruption," Kejriwal had said on February 25.
After getting the notice from Verma, Kejriwal had tweeted, "can you trust country in the hands of such people, even if they are accused? I am scared, I won`t have the courage to do that. Raja indulges in corruption. When I say he is corrupt, they say I insulted Parliament."
He demanded that fast track courts be set up and clear all pending cases against MPs and MLAs in six months.
"Let them sit in Parliament only after being cleared from courts...I`m asked charges not proved against them yet.
My response charges will never be proved. They will never make speedy criminal justice system," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you