Kejriwal gets breach of privilege notice
New Delhi: After Congress MP Sajjan Singh Verma, RJD MPs Rajniti Prasad and Ram Kripal Yadav have served a privilege notice against Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for calling MPs "rapists, murderers and looters" during an election campaign rally last month.
The Lok Sabha Secretariat has sought reply from Kejriwal following the receipt of the notices. He has been asked to furnish his reply by March 24.
"Received privilege notices from Rajniti Prasad and Ram Kripal Yadav also...Rajniti Prasad is the same MP who tore the Lokpal Bil in Parliament. Did he insult Parliament or did I insult Parliament?" Kejriwal tweeted.
The social activist also said he received a reminder from Parliament that he has to reply by March 24.
This will be the second time Kejriwal has been served a privilege notice in the past seven months. Earlier in September last year, Kejriwal was served a notice for making "derogatory" remarks against Parliamentarians during Hazare`s agitation in Ramlila Maidan.
"In this Parliament, 163 members have cases of heinous offences against them. In this Parliament, rapists are sitting, murderers and looters are sitting. How can you expect Jan Lokpal Bill to be passed by Parliament? How can you expect that you can get reprieve from poverty and corruption," Kejriwal had said on February 25.
After getting the notice from Verma, Kejriwal had tweeted, "can you trust country in the hands of such people, even if they are accused? I am scared, I won`t have the courage to do that. Raja indulges in corruption. When I say he is corrupt, they say I insulted Parliament."
He demanded that fast track courts be set up and clear all pending cases against MPs and MLAs in six months.
"Let them sit in Parliament only after being cleared from courts...I`m asked charges not proved against them yet.
My response charges will never be proved. They will never make speedy criminal justice system," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?