Kejriwal has spoken of indefinite fast many times: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday made light of Arvind Kejriwal`s plan to go on an indefinite fast from March 23 to take on the Delhi government on the hike in power and water tariff.
"Kejriwal has displayed intention to undertake fast unto death many times. How many times a person can die? He went to Farrukhabad and then he came to the cushy comforts of Delhi. I do not think people take it seriously," Congress spokesman P C Chacko told reporters here.
Recalling that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had sent senior ministers to talk to civil society, he said, "When anyone speaks sense, we listen, if it is otherwise, what can we do?"
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal announced an indefinite fast from March 23 and asked Delhi residents to launch a civil disobedience movement by not paying electricity bills.
The Aam Aadmi Party convenor said people are troubled by steep hike in their water and power bills yet even opposition BJP was not taking up the issue. He also alleged that Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and her government were in collusion with the private discoms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?