Kejriwal has spoken of indefinite fast many times: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday made light of Arvind Kejriwal`s plan to go on an indefinite fast from March 23 to take on the Delhi government on the hike in power and water tariff.
"Kejriwal has displayed intention to undertake fast unto death many times. How many times a person can die? He went to Farrukhabad and then he came to the cushy comforts of Delhi. I do not think people take it seriously," Congress spokesman P C Chacko told reporters here.
Recalling that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had sent senior ministers to talk to civil society, he said, "When anyone speaks sense, we listen, if it is otherwise, what can we do?"
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal announced an indefinite fast from March 23 and asked Delhi residents to launch a civil disobedience movement by not paying electricity bills.
The Aam Aadmi Party convenor said people are troubled by steep hike in their water and power bills yet even opposition BJP was not taking up the issue. He also alleged that Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and her government were in collusion with the private discoms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon