Kejriwal misleading people on power tariff: Diskhit
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday made a veiled attack on Arvind Kejriwal accusing him of trying to build his political future by "misleading" people on the issue of hike in power tariff in Delhi.
Without naming Kejriwal, Dikshit, addressing a public function at Nangloi in West Delhi, said certain elements were trying to rake up the power tariff issue for their political gain by "misleading" the citizens of Delhi.
"These elements have been trying to mislead people on the issue of power tariff for their political gain. They get the media coverage very easily and they are trying to capitalise on it for their political future," Dikshit said.
On her way to the meeting venue, Dikshit was shown black flags by a group of people while two women tried to disrupt the proceedings at the rally by shouting slogans against hike in power tariff.
This is for third day in a row, Dikshit faced protest on the issue of power tariff.
The Chief Minister said the person who is leading the agitation stays in border area of Uttar Pradesh(UP) where the power is supplied to the people for not more than 4 hours daily against 24 hours electricity supply in Delhi.
"People of the city know all these things and we are confident that the citizens will not allow themselves to be influenced by these elements," Dikshit said also accusing BJP of trying to politicise the issue of power tariff.
Kejriwal had launched a `bijli paani` movement against the inflated power and water bills last week while BJP yesterday lodged a police complaint against Dikshit and a number of senior officials from Delhi government and private power distribution companies alleging that a conspiracy was hatched in 2010 to stall the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission`s (DERC) move to cut tariff by 23 per cent.
Dikshit was addressing the function after launching a project to repair and strengthen 103 major roads which were taken over from MCD by the Delhi government, at a cost of Rs 500 crores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA