Kejriwal misleading people on power tariff issue: Mukesh Sharma
New Delhi: A senior Congress MLA of Delhi on Saturday accused activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal of trying to mislead people on the issue of power tariff and trying to gain political mileage by raking up a "non-issue".
Terming Kejriwal as a "BJP agent", Mukesh Sharma, Parliamentary Secretary to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, said "his lust for power and gimmicks has made him an eyesore in the eyes of his mentor Anna Hazare."
"Kejriwal has been trying to sell the old wine in the new bottles. By doing this, he has established beyond any dout that he is an agent of the BJP," Sharma charged in a statement.
Targeting the Sheila Dikshit government, Kejriwal had yesterday alleged power distribution companies in the national capital "fudged" their records and "committed fraud" to show losses in their revenue while actually making profits.
The Aam Aadmi Party chief also claimed Delhiites are paying two times the electricity bills they should actually be paying.
He accused Dikshit of stopping the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) from passing an order in 2010 which recommended 23 per cent reduction in the tariff.
"Kejriwal is a novice in politics. Let him contest election to test his standing among people. He is bound to face the worst defeat and would never like to venture in politics again," Sharma, a four-time MLA, said.
Delhi government has already rubbished Kejriwal`s allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!