Kejriwal misleading people on power tariff issue: Mukesh Sharma
New Delhi: A senior Congress MLA of Delhi on Saturday accused activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal of trying to mislead people on the issue of power tariff and trying to gain political mileage by raking up a "non-issue".
Terming Kejriwal as a "BJP agent", Mukesh Sharma, Parliamentary Secretary to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, said "his lust for power and gimmicks has made him an eyesore in the eyes of his mentor Anna Hazare."
"Kejriwal has been trying to sell the old wine in the new bottles. By doing this, he has established beyond any dout that he is an agent of the BJP," Sharma charged in a statement.
Targeting the Sheila Dikshit government, Kejriwal had yesterday alleged power distribution companies in the national capital "fudged" their records and "committed fraud" to show losses in their revenue while actually making profits.
The Aam Aadmi Party chief also claimed Delhiites are paying two times the electricity bills they should actually be paying.
He accused Dikshit of stopping the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) from passing an order in 2010 which recommended 23 per cent reduction in the tariff.
"Kejriwal is a novice in politics. Let him contest election to test his standing among people. He is bound to face the worst defeat and would never like to venture in politics again," Sharma, a four-time MLA, said.
Delhi government has already rubbished Kejriwal`s allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information