Kejriwal misleading people on power tariff issue: Mukesh Sharma
New Delhi: A senior Congress MLA of Delhi on Saturday accused activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal of trying to mislead people on the issue of power tariff and trying to gain political mileage by raking up a "non-issue".
Terming Kejriwal as a "BJP agent", Mukesh Sharma, Parliamentary Secretary to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, said "his lust for power and gimmicks has made him an eyesore in the eyes of his mentor Anna Hazare."
"Kejriwal has been trying to sell the old wine in the new bottles. By doing this, he has established beyond any dout that he is an agent of the BJP," Sharma charged in a statement.
Targeting the Sheila Dikshit government, Kejriwal had yesterday alleged power distribution companies in the national capital "fudged" their records and "committed fraud" to show losses in their revenue while actually making profits.
The Aam Aadmi Party chief also claimed Delhiites are paying two times the electricity bills they should actually be paying.
He accused Dikshit of stopping the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) from passing an order in 2010 which recommended 23 per cent reduction in the tariff.
"Kejriwal is a novice in politics. Let him contest election to test his standing among people. He is bound to face the worst defeat and would never like to venture in politics again," Sharma, a four-time MLA, said.
Delhi government has already rubbished Kejriwal`s allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read