Kejriwal misleading people on power tariff issue: Mukesh Sharma
New Delhi: A senior Congress MLA of Delhi on Saturday accused activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal of trying to mislead people on the issue of power tariff and trying to gain political mileage by raking up a "non-issue".
Terming Kejriwal as a "BJP agent", Mukesh Sharma, Parliamentary Secretary to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, said "his lust for power and gimmicks has made him an eyesore in the eyes of his mentor Anna Hazare."
"Kejriwal has been trying to sell the old wine in the new bottles. By doing this, he has established beyond any dout that he is an agent of the BJP," Sharma charged in a statement.
Targeting the Sheila Dikshit government, Kejriwal had yesterday alleged power distribution companies in the national capital "fudged" their records and "committed fraud" to show losses in their revenue while actually making profits.
The Aam Aadmi Party chief also claimed Delhiites are paying two times the electricity bills they should actually be paying.
He accused Dikshit of stopping the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) from passing an order in 2010 which recommended 23 per cent reduction in the tariff.
"Kejriwal is a novice in politics. Let him contest election to test his standing among people. He is bound to face the worst defeat and would never like to venture in politics again," Sharma, a four-time MLA, said.
Delhi government has already rubbished Kejriwal`s allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing