Kejriwal out to destroy democratic principles: Cong MLA
New Delhi: Congress on Friday slammed Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal over his claims of getting the Janlokpal Bill passed if voted to power in Delhi, saying he had not only insulted the Constitution, but also lowered the dignity of the state Assembly.
"Kejriwal is out to destroy all democratic principles as he has initiated a disinformation campaign about his intention to hold an Assembly session at Ramlila Grounds on December 29 in the presence of a large number of people to pass the Janlokpal Bill," alleged Mukesh Sharma, Congress MLA and party spokesperson.
Sharma said he yesterday gave a notice against Kejriwal under Rule 66 of the Rules of Procedure of Business in the Delhi Assembly, alleging breach of privilege and contempt of the House.
"There has never been any occasion when a session of any legislature or Parliament was convened outside the precincts of the House.
"The Legislative Assembly of Delhi is no exception," said Sharma, adding, "it would be against the spirit and intent of the Constitution to perform the democratic process of law- making on an open ground, in the presence of thousands of spectators".
Sharma said he had urged the Delhi Assembly Speaker to take appropriate action in the matter so that people desist from making a mockery of state legislatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!