Kejriwal, Ramdev are `publicity crazy`: Congress
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal is "publicity crazy" like yoga guru Ramdev, Congress said on Friday dismissing the Aam Aadmi Party leader`s invite to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for an open debate as a "publicity stunt".
"There is not much difference between Baba Ramdev and Arvind Kejriwal. Both are publicity crazy. He wants to raise every issues, which gets him some media attention," party spokesperson Meem Afzal said.
He was reacting to questions that Kejriwal had "formally" invited the Delhi Chief Minister for an open debate at a public place where people could also participate and directly ask questions.
Afzal said that anybody can write such a letter and Delhi government has countered many of the allegations the AAP leader made in last two years.
"Elections are not far away. All the questions that now he is asking in election period are only publicity stunt," he said.
In a letter to Dikshit, Kejriwal said, "I am writing you this letter as some of the editors suggested that I should invite you formally. I am inviting you formally and if you find it right then we should also ask Dr Harsh Vardhan to participate on behalf of BJP."
The AAP leader said that he had asked her for an open debate on several occasions as he believes that debates should be held among the parties participating in elections, so that public could ask direct questions to their representatives, but she had refused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH