Kejriwal`s AAP approaches EC for registration
New Delhi: A week after its launch, Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Monday approached Election Commission for registration.
AAP National Secretary Pankaj Gupta submitted the papers regarding registration to the Commission, which will inform the party whether the documents were in order.
"Our meeting was brief. We`ve submitted our documents. The registration process will take around two-three months time," Gupta told reporters here.
He expressed confidence that the party will get an election symbol before the Assembly polls in Delhi next year.
After his split with Anna Hazare over the question of the anti-corruption movement taking a political plunge, Kejriwal had on November 26 formally launched AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America