Kejriwal`s AAP approaches EC for registration
New Delhi: A week after its launch, Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Monday approached Election Commission for registration.
AAP National Secretary Pankaj Gupta submitted the papers regarding registration to the Commission, which will inform the party whether the documents were in order.
"Our meeting was brief. We`ve submitted our documents. The registration process will take around two-three months time," Gupta told reporters here.
He expressed confidence that the party will get an election symbol before the Assembly polls in Delhi next year.
After his split with Anna Hazare over the question of the anti-corruption movement taking a political plunge, Kejriwal had on November 26 formally launched AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened