Kejriwal`s AAP approaches EC for registration
New Delhi: A week after its launch, Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Monday approached Election Commission for registration.
AAP National Secretary Pankaj Gupta submitted the papers regarding registration to the Commission, which will inform the party whether the documents were in order.
"Our meeting was brief. We`ve submitted our documents. The registration process will take around two-three months time," Gupta told reporters here.
He expressed confidence that the party will get an election symbol before the Assembly polls in Delhi next year.
After his split with Anna Hazare over the question of the anti-corruption movement taking a political plunge, Kejriwal had on November 26 formally launched AAP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India