Kejriwal`s AAP approaches EC for registration
New Delhi: A week after its launch, Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Monday approached Election Commission for registration.
AAP National Secretary Pankaj Gupta submitted the papers regarding registration to the Commission, which will inform the party whether the documents were in order.
"Our meeting was brief. We`ve submitted our documents. The registration process will take around two-three months time," Gupta told reporters here.
He expressed confidence that the party will get an election symbol before the Assembly polls in Delhi next year.
After his split with Anna Hazare over the question of the anti-corruption movement taking a political plunge, Kejriwal had on November 26 formally launched AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra