Kejriwal`s AAP approaches EC for registration
New Delhi: A week after its launch, Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Monday approached Election Commission for registration.
AAP National Secretary Pankaj Gupta submitted the papers regarding registration to the Commission, which will inform the party whether the documents were in order.
"Our meeting was brief. We`ve submitted our documents. The registration process will take around two-three months time," Gupta told reporters here.
He expressed confidence that the party will get an election symbol before the Assembly polls in Delhi next year.
After his split with Anna Hazare over the question of the anti-corruption movement taking a political plunge, Kejriwal had on November 26 formally launched AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Understanding Olympics qualification: How MC Mary Kom can still go to Rio 2016, with some luck
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM