Kejriwal`s party to make electoral foray with Delhi polls
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal`s new party, which is likely to be announced next week, will have youths in leadership position and will enter electoral fray with Delhi polls before contesting all seats in next Lok Sabha elections.
Addressing a meeting of students and youths here, Kejriwal said, "We will contest from across the country. But before that we will first fight the Delhi Assembly elections. People will select the candidates and they will fund the election expenses."
If the party wins power, he said, the first thing they will do will be the enactment of Jan Lokpal Bill.
He also asked students to form groups in every college in the national capital. However, he said the party will not have separate students` wing.
"30-40 per cent of those in leadership will be youth," he said at the meeting held yesterday.
Kejriwal also said that an internal Lokpal will be appointed in the party to look into complaints against party members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday