Kejriwal`s party to make electoral foray with Delhi polls
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal`s new party, which is likely to be announced next week, will have youths in leadership position and will enter electoral fray with Delhi polls before contesting all seats in next Lok Sabha elections.
Addressing a meeting of students and youths here, Kejriwal said, "We will contest from across the country. But before that we will first fight the Delhi Assembly elections. People will select the candidates and they will fund the election expenses."
If the party wins power, he said, the first thing they will do will be the enactment of Jan Lokpal Bill.
He also asked students to form groups in every college in the national capital. However, he said the party will not have separate students` wing.
"30-40 per cent of those in leadership will be youth," he said at the meeting held yesterday.
Kejriwal also said that an internal Lokpal will be appointed in the party to look into complaints against party members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mayawati justifies counter abuse, says Dayashankar's wife, daughter paying for being silent on 'prostitute' comment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018