Kejriwal`s party to make electoral foray with Delhi polls
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal`s new party, which is likely to be announced next week, will have youths in leadership position and will enter electoral fray with Delhi polls before contesting all seats in next Lok Sabha elections.
Addressing a meeting of students and youths here, Kejriwal said, "We will contest from across the country. But before that we will first fight the Delhi Assembly elections. People will select the candidates and they will fund the election expenses."
If the party wins power, he said, the first thing they will do will be the enactment of Jan Lokpal Bill.
He also asked students to form groups in every college in the national capital. However, he said the party will not have separate students` wing.
"30-40 per cent of those in leadership will be youth," he said at the meeting held yesterday.
Kejriwal also said that an internal Lokpal will be appointed in the party to look into complaints against party members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband