`Kejriwal`s poll announcement shows whom he seeks to benefit`
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to project Arvind Kejriwal as a spoiler in the upcoming Delhi Assembly Elections after the Aam Aadmi Party leader declared that he would contest against Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit.
"The announcement shows whom Kejriwal is seeking to benefit," Congress spokesman Shakil Ahmed told reporters, suggesting that the activist was helping BJP which is in direct contest with the ruling party in Delhi.
When reporters said that Kejriwal`s move would in fact benefit Congress, Ahmed did not respond to the query.
At a convention of AAP workers here yesterday, Kejriwal had also attacked BJP, saying the party fielded weak candidates against Dikshit in the previous polls and challenged Vijay Goel to contest against him and Dikshit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'