Kejriwal`s resignation scripted, pre-planned drama: Congress
New Delhi: Congress tonight said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s resignation "is a totally scripted and pre-planned drama".
"As far as Kerjiwal`s resignation is concerned, it is a totally scripted and pre-planned drama. As far as Congress is concerned, my party has reiterated that it is in favour of the Jan Lokpal Bill, but the way it was being tabled was totally unconstitutional," Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) president Arvinder Singh Lovely said here tonight.
He said Kejriwal should have followed the constitutional rules. "Today we voted in favour of the message sent by the Lt Governor to the Assembly. We have already cleared that if the bill had come through constitutional procedure, we would have supported it," he added.
Asked what would be his party`s next course of action, the DPCC president said that "the ball has not come to the LG`s court."
"After the Chief Minister`s resignation, let the LG decide on this matter," he added.
The chief spokesperson of Congress`s Delhi unit, Mukesh Sharma, however, said, "If Kejriwal once again forms the government, the Congress will again support him... If Kejriwal brings the bill through constitutional norms, the Congress will again help him on the issue of Jan Lokpal bill."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical