Kejriwal`s resignation scripted, pre-planned drama: Congress
New Delhi: Congress tonight said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s resignation "is a totally scripted and pre-planned drama".
"As far as Kerjiwal`s resignation is concerned, it is a totally scripted and pre-planned drama. As far as Congress is concerned, my party has reiterated that it is in favour of the Jan Lokpal Bill, but the way it was being tabled was totally unconstitutional," Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) president Arvinder Singh Lovely said here tonight.
He said Kejriwal should have followed the constitutional rules. "Today we voted in favour of the message sent by the Lt Governor to the Assembly. We have already cleared that if the bill had come through constitutional procedure, we would have supported it," he added.
Asked what would be his party`s next course of action, the DPCC president said that "the ball has not come to the LG`s court."
"After the Chief Minister`s resignation, let the LG decide on this matter," he added.
The chief spokesperson of Congress`s Delhi unit, Mukesh Sharma, however, said, "If Kejriwal once again forms the government, the Congress will again support him... If Kejriwal brings the bill through constitutional norms, the Congress will again help him on the issue of Jan Lokpal bill."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'