Khanna, Dikshit wish Delhiites on Diwali
New Delhi: Delhi Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit On Monday wished citizens a happy Diwali and asked them not to burst crackers for the sake of environment.
In his message, Khanna hoped that the festival of lights will enlighten the minds and hearts of all citizens so that they live in mutual harmony and respect.
In her message, Dikshit called upon the people to avoid bursting of crackers and celebrate a clean and pollution-free Diwali.
The chief minister expressed confidence that the festival will bring prosperity and happiness in the lives of the citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued