Khanna, Dikshit wish Delhiites on Diwali
New Delhi: Delhi Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit On Monday wished citizens a happy Diwali and asked them not to burst crackers for the sake of environment.
In his message, Khanna hoped that the festival of lights will enlighten the minds and hearts of all citizens so that they live in mutual harmony and respect.
In her message, Dikshit called upon the people to avoid bursting of crackers and celebrate a clean and pollution-free Diwali.
The chief minister expressed confidence that the festival will bring prosperity and happiness in the lives of the citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'