Khanna, Dikshit wish Delhiites on Diwali
New Delhi: Delhi Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit On Monday wished citizens a happy Diwali and asked them not to burst crackers for the sake of environment.
In his message, Khanna hoped that the festival of lights will enlighten the minds and hearts of all citizens so that they live in mutual harmony and respect.
In her message, Dikshit called upon the people to avoid bursting of crackers and celebrate a clean and pollution-free Diwali.
The chief minister expressed confidence that the festival will bring prosperity and happiness in the lives of the citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16