New Delhi: Twentytwo people, among them six children, were injured when a high tension electrical wire melted and fell on houses in east Delhi, fire officials said on Thursday.
"A 1,000-metre long, high tension electrical wire melted and fell in a residential area in Khureji in east Delhi last (Wednesday) night," a fire department official said.
"As it fell, people sitting outside their houses got injured, clothes hanging outside caught fire, and parts of their houses got burnt," he added.
"We got a call at 7.55 p.m. We sent one fire tender. By then the Police Control Room was also informed and ambulances arrived at the scene to take the injured to the hospital," the official added.
"Of the 22 people injured, six were children," he said.
All have been admitted to the Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital. It was not yet clear how the wire melted.