Khurshid takes a jibe at Modi over US visa issue
New Delhi: With the US stating that its visa policy with regard to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi remains unchanged, Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Thursday took a jibe at the BJP leader saying it was a matter of concern that a question mark hung over someone who was heading a major state in the country.
"I am sure that they (US) look at everything they want to look at... Not for us to comment on US policy but it is a matter of serious concern that there is this kind of serious question mark on the personality of somebody who leads a major state in our country," Khurshid told reporters.
The Union Minister was asked to comment on the US, which had in 2005 decided not to issue visa to Modi, stating that there was no change in its visa policy towards him.
"It is sad but we have that. I hope that the person concerned will reflect upon this and think about it and think about why the world thinks so poorly of him," Khurshid said.
US State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland had said at her daily news conference yesterday, "Our position on the visa issue hasn`t changed at all."
Nuland was responding to questions on the letter written by Congressman Joe Walsh to the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that the US Government reverse its 2005 decision not to issue US visa to Modi.
The letter by Walsh was written about a fortnight ago.
"If we do respond, it`ll be along familiar lines," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'