Kin of slain policemen to get Rs 10 L from Martyrs` Fund
New Delhi: Families of Delhi Police personnel who lay down their lives while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh from the martyrs` fund which was announced on Saturday.
The fund would also provide scholarships to children of the deceased personnel.
"Families of police personnel who died while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh and scholarships for their children," Delhi Police Chief Neeraj Kumar said.
The money would be raised with policemen contributing their one day`s salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack