Kin of slain policemen to get Rs 10 L from Martyrs` Fund
New Delhi: Families of Delhi Police personnel who lay down their lives while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh from the martyrs` fund which was announced on Saturday.
The fund would also provide scholarships to children of the deceased personnel.
"Families of police personnel who died while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh and scholarships for their children," Delhi Police Chief Neeraj Kumar said.
The money would be raised with policemen contributing their one day`s salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption