Kin of slain policemen to get Rs 10 L from Martyrs` Fund
New Delhi: Families of Delhi Police personnel who lay down their lives while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh from the martyrs` fund which was announced on Saturday.
The fund would also provide scholarships to children of the deceased personnel.
"Families of police personnel who died while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh and scholarships for their children," Delhi Police Chief Neeraj Kumar said.
The money would be raised with policemen contributing their one day`s salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!