Kin of slain policemen to get Rs 10 L from Martyrs` Fund
New Delhi: Families of Delhi Police personnel who lay down their lives while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh from the martyrs` fund which was announced on Saturday.
The fund would also provide scholarships to children of the deceased personnel.
"Families of police personnel who died while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh and scholarships for their children," Delhi Police Chief Neeraj Kumar said.
The money would be raised with policemen contributing their one day`s salary.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan