Kin of slain policemen to get Rs 10 L from Martyrs` Fund
New Delhi: Families of Delhi Police personnel who lay down their lives while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh from the martyrs` fund which was announced on Saturday.
The fund would also provide scholarships to children of the deceased personnel.
"Families of police personnel who died while on duty will get Rs 10 lakh and scholarships for their children," Delhi Police Chief Neeraj Kumar said.
The money would be raised with policemen contributing their one day`s salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam