Kiran Bedi congratulates Arvind Kejriwal, says he is determined person
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: IPS officer-turned social activist Kiran Bedi couldn`t attend the swearing-in ceremony of Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Chief Minister on Saturday owing to her prior engagements, but she did welcome the change heralded by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Indian politics.
Bedi credited the Anna Hazare-led Jan Lokpal movement for being the harbinger of change and congratulated Kejriwal saying, "Congratulations to Arvind Kejriwal and may god protect him. Anna`s movement gave the city (Delhi) two things — a new CM and Lokpal Bill."
On promises made by Kejriwal, Bedi said, "How much he succeeds, only time will tell. But, he is a determined person and has the support of the ordinary person. Now, it is our duty to contribute to the cleanliness of the system."
Talking about the ascent of AAP to power in Delhi despite stiff competition from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and roadblocks by the Congress, she said, "I think whatever is happening is very good for Indian democracy. It is breaking monopolies, setting new trends and questioning the status quo, and the way we would run political parties and democracy. Ethics is being brought back into the system. So, it is a very good beginning."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical