Kiran Bedi demands probe into Anuradha Sharma`s suicide
Bangalore: Former IPS officer and activist Kiran Bedi on Saturday demanded an investigation on whether Geetika Sharma`s mother Anuradha Sharma committed suicide due to political pressure or continued depression.
"Was it a continuing depression or a new threatening from Gopal Goyal Kanda (former Haryana Minister). I think these are two things we need to verify as part of investigation," she told reporters on the sidelines of an event here.
Bedi said if the family members of Anuradha had lodged a written police complaint about the harassment, the suicide could have been prevented. "If they would have given it in writing, the police would have got into the neck of the case. This man Kanda could have been restrained further," she said.
The family members could have also approached the court and complained about their harassment, Bedi said. "I think that is the message we need to give. We got to be proactive about ourselves," she said.
Former air hostess Geetika`s mother had committed suicide by hanging herself inside her house in New Delhi last evening.
Geetika`s mother, in her suicide note, mentioned that she was taking the extreme step because her family was being harassed by the same people that her daughter had named in the notes she had left.
In reply to a query on the VVIP chopper deal, Bedi asked the Centre to "bring back the money" to India which was paid as "kickbacks" in the deal. "What step the government has taken to issue a notice to get the money back. It is our money," she said.
Bedi said the CBI is capable if it decides to investigate the chopper deal. It has lots of resources and expertise and also take RBI`s help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway