Kiran Bedi demands probe into Anuradha Sharma`s suicide
Bangalore: Former IPS officer and activist Kiran Bedi on Saturday demanded an investigation on whether Geetika Sharma`s mother Anuradha Sharma committed suicide due to political pressure or continued depression.
"Was it a continuing depression or a new threatening from Gopal Goyal Kanda (former Haryana Minister). I think these are two things we need to verify as part of investigation," she told reporters on the sidelines of an event here.
Bedi said if the family members of Anuradha had lodged a written police complaint about the harassment, the suicide could have been prevented. "If they would have given it in writing, the police would have got into the neck of the case. This man Kanda could have been restrained further," she said.
The family members could have also approached the court and complained about their harassment, Bedi said. "I think that is the message we need to give. We got to be proactive about ourselves," she said.
Former air hostess Geetika`s mother had committed suicide by hanging herself inside her house in New Delhi last evening.
Geetika`s mother, in her suicide note, mentioned that she was taking the extreme step because her family was being harassed by the same people that her daughter had named in the notes she had left.
In reply to a query on the VVIP chopper deal, Bedi asked the Centre to "bring back the money" to India which was paid as "kickbacks" in the deal. "What step the government has taken to issue a notice to get the money back. It is our money," she said.
Bedi said the CBI is capable if it decides to investigate the chopper deal. It has lots of resources and expertise and also take RBI`s help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured