Kiran Bedi seeks particulars from RS secretariat
New Delhi: Kiran Bedi on Tuesday became the second
Team Anna member after Arvind Kejriwal to ask "exact
particulars" of her remarks, which the MPs have found
"derogatory", so that she could effectively respond to the
breach of privilege notice moved by them in the Rajya Sabha.
In a letter to Rajya Sabha Secretariat Director Mukul
Pande, the former IPS officer said she had received the letter
alleging that she has used derogatory words which were
telecast by a news channel.
"...it is requested that in order to effectively furnish
comments, the exact particulars in relation to the utterances
may kindly be furnished. I hope you would appreciate that I
would be able to clarify my position once I receive the
specific comments that I am being alleged for," she said.
Later in a tweet, Bedi said, "reply sent to privilege
notice asking them to tell me what was exactly derogatory
which amounts to breach of privilege?"
The privilege notice against Bedi came as she accused
politicians of wearing "several masks" at the same time. She
had pulled a scarf from the neck of an activist during
Hazare`s fast, wrapped her head with it and proceeded to mock
Yesterday, Kejriwal asked the Rajya Sabha Secretariat to
provide him with tapes of his speeches and transcripts which
MPs found derogatory to provide a detailed reply.
Reacting to the notice, Bedi had earlier said that she
will not "apologise" for her remarks against politicians, but
intends to show a "bigger mirror" to the House on the conduct
"If I get a notice, I would say I am sorry I will not be
able to say sorry. If I get an opportunity I will go before
the Committee and will show a bigger mirror to Parliament,"
she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report