Kiran Bedi seeks particulars from RS secretariat
New Delhi: Kiran Bedi on Tuesday became the second
Team Anna member after Arvind Kejriwal to ask "exact
particulars" of her remarks, which the MPs have found
"derogatory", so that she could effectively respond to the
breach of privilege notice moved by them in the Rajya Sabha.
In a letter to Rajya Sabha Secretariat Director Mukul
Pande, the former IPS officer said she had received the letter
alleging that she has used derogatory words which were
telecast by a news channel.
"...it is requested that in order to effectively furnish
comments, the exact particulars in relation to the utterances
may kindly be furnished. I hope you would appreciate that I
would be able to clarify my position once I receive the
specific comments that I am being alleged for," she said.
Later in a tweet, Bedi said, "reply sent to privilege
notice asking them to tell me what was exactly derogatory
which amounts to breach of privilege?"
The privilege notice against Bedi came as she accused
politicians of wearing "several masks" at the same time. She
had pulled a scarf from the neck of an activist during
Hazare`s fast, wrapped her head with it and proceeded to mock
Yesterday, Kejriwal asked the Rajya Sabha Secretariat to
provide him with tapes of his speeches and transcripts which
MPs found derogatory to provide a detailed reply.
Reacting to the notice, Bedi had earlier said that she
will not "apologise" for her remarks against politicians, but
intends to show a "bigger mirror" to the House on the conduct
"If I get a notice, I would say I am sorry I will not be
able to say sorry. If I get an opportunity I will go before
the Committee and will show a bigger mirror to Parliament,"
she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly