Kiran Bedi seeks particulars from RS secretariat
New Delhi: Kiran Bedi on Tuesday became the second
Team Anna member after Arvind Kejriwal to ask "exact
particulars" of her remarks, which the MPs have found
"derogatory", so that she could effectively respond to the
breach of privilege notice moved by them in the Rajya Sabha.
In a letter to Rajya Sabha Secretariat Director Mukul
Pande, the former IPS officer said she had received the letter
alleging that she has used derogatory words which were
telecast by a news channel.
"...it is requested that in order to effectively furnish
comments, the exact particulars in relation to the utterances
may kindly be furnished. I hope you would appreciate that I
would be able to clarify my position once I receive the
specific comments that I am being alleged for," she said.
Later in a tweet, Bedi said, "reply sent to privilege
notice asking them to tell me what was exactly derogatory
which amounts to breach of privilege?"
The privilege notice against Bedi came as she accused
politicians of wearing "several masks" at the same time. She
had pulled a scarf from the neck of an activist during
Hazare`s fast, wrapped her head with it and proceeded to mock
Yesterday, Kejriwal asked the Rajya Sabha Secretariat to
provide him with tapes of his speeches and transcripts which
MPs found derogatory to provide a detailed reply.
Reacting to the notice, Bedi had earlier said that she
will not "apologise" for her remarks against politicians, but
intends to show a "bigger mirror" to the House on the conduct
"If I get a notice, I would say I am sorry I will not be
able to say sorry. If I get an opportunity I will go before
the Committee and will show a bigger mirror to Parliament,"
she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok